At Kane we are dedicated to safeguarding and preserving your privacy when visiting our site or communicating electronically with us.
Information We Collect
In operating our website we may collect and process the following data about you:
- Details of your visits to our website and the resources that you access, including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication
- Information provided to us when you communicate with us for any reason via this website, telephone, in writing and other communications. We may supplement the information that you provide to us with information that we receive or obtain from other sources.
Use of Your Information
The information that we collect and store relating to you is primarily used to enable us to provide our services to you. In addition, we may use the information for the following purposes:
- to provide you with information requested from us, relating to our products or services. To provide information on other products or services which we feel may be of interest to you, where you have consented to receive such information;
- to meet our contractual commitments to you; and
- to notify you about any changes to our website, such as improvements or service/product changes, that may affect our service.
If you are an existing customer, we may contact you with information about our other products and services (including those of other companies and organisations) which may be of interest to you.
- Further, we may use your data, or permit our agents or selected third parties to do so (with the understanding that such information will be kept confidential) to administer any accounts, products and services provided to you by us now or in the future.
If you are a new customer, we will contact you or allow third parties to contact you only when you have provided consent and only by those means by which you provided consent.
Please be advised that we do not reveal information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers but we may, on occasion, provide them with aggregate statistical information about our visitors. We may also gather certain information about you when you use our website including details of your domain name and IP address, operating system, browser, version and the website that you visited prior to our site. We may do this by way of a cookie as described below.
Storing Your Personal Data
Data that is provided to us is stored on our secure servers. Details relating to transactions, if any, entered into on our site will be encrypted to ensure its safety.
The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and therefore we cannot guarantee the security of data sent to us electronically and transmission of such data is therefore entirely at your own risk. You accept the inherent security risks of providing information and dealing on-line over the internet and will not hold us responsible for any breach of security unless this is due to our negligence or wilful default.
Use of your information outside the European Union
We may need to transfer your personal information to countries outside the European Union that may not protect your personal information as extensively as the United Kingdom. If we do so we will keep control of the information or require anyone to whom we pass it to treat it to UK data protection standards.
Disclosing Your Information
Where applicable, we may disclose your personal information to any member of our group. This includes, where applicable, our subsidiaries, our holding company and its other subsidiaries (if any).
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties:
- where we sell any or all of our business and/or our assets to a third party;
- where we are required to disclose your information under any legal or regulatory provision;
- to comply with requests from a law enforcement agency requesting it in connection with the commission of any offence, once we are reasonably satisfied as to the circumstances surrounding the request; and
- to operate our systems properly and/or to protect our users and ourselves.
On occasion, we may gather information about your computer for our services and to provide statistical information regarding the use of our website to our advertisers.
- Such information will not identify you personally, it is statistical data about our visitors and their use of our site. This statistical data does not identify any personal details whatsoever.
- Similar to the above, we may gather information about your general internet use by using a cookie file. Where used, these cookies are downloaded to your computer automatically. This cookie file is stored on the hard drive of your computer as cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our website and the service that we provide to you.
- All computers have the ability to decline cookies. This can be done by activating the setting on your browser which enables you to decline the cookies. Please note that should you choose to decline cookies, you may be unable to access particular parts of our website.
How can I manage or opt out of cookies?
Some people find the idea of a website storing information on their device intrusive, in particular when the information is stored and used by a third party. For example, you may object to being served advertising which is targeted to your interests based on your browsing history. If you would prefer to opt out of cookies, it is possible to control cookies by following the steps below, however you should be aware that you might lose some features and functionality of the website if you do so.
Cookies, including those which have already been set, can be deleted from your hard drive. You can also change the preferences/settings in your web browser to control cookies. In some cases, you can choose to accept cookies from the primary site, but block them from third parties. In others, you can block cookies from specific advertisers, or clear out all cookies. Deleting or blocking cookies may reduce functionality of the site. To learn more about how to reject cookies, visit www.allaboutcookies.org or go to the help menu within your internet browser. If you experience any problems having deleted cookies, you should contact the supplier of your web browser.
Opting out of Analytical Performance Cookies:
If you would like to opt out of Analytics cookies, please do so by clicking on the links below:
Google Analytics: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
Opting out of Behavioural Advertising Cookies:
If you would like to disable “third party” cookies generated by advertisers or providers of targeted advertising services, you can turn them off by going to the third party’s website and getting them to generate a one-time “no thanks” cookie that will stop any further cookies being written to your machine. Here are links to the main third party advertising platforms we use, each of which have instructions on how to do this:
You can find out how to decline other online behavioural advertising by visiting:
If you object to web beacons in emails, we recommend that you follow the instructions for deleting existing cookies and disabling future cookies above. We will still know how many of our emails are opened and we will automatically receive your IP address, a unique identifier of your device or other access device; but we will not identify you as an individual.
Further Information and Contact Details
Please contact Kane’s Data Protection team if you would like more information on the cookies that we use and their purposes:
By telephone: +1 203 661 0304
By post: Data Protection Enquiries, Group Head of Legal, Compliance and Risk, Kane LPI Solutions (USA), Inc. P.O. Box 161, Greenwich, CT 06836
For more information about cookies please visit www.allaboutcookies.org and for more information about behavioural advertising in particular please visitwww.youronlinechoices.com/uk/
General information about data protection may be found at:
Third Party Links
You might find links to third party websites on our website. These websites should have their own Privacy Policies which you should check. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for their Policies whatsoever as we have no control over them.
Access To Information
You have the right to receive information about the personal data (as defined under the Data Protection Act 1998) that we hold about you upon written request and payment of a fee. If you are concerned that any of the information we hold is incorrect please contact us.
T +441-295-8448 E firstname.lastname@example.org
Group Head of Legal, Compliance and Risk
On behalf of the Kane Group.
Office Address: La Plaiderie House, La Plaiderie, St Peter Port, Guernsey GY1 1WG
Kane Group Limited. May 2011. © Kane Group Limited May 2011, all rights reserved.